Kings Canyon National Park is currently closed due to the KNP complex wildfires in California
The closure of Sequoia National Park is still in effect
September 22, 2021 – The following areas are temporarily closed to all individuals until further notice:
- All land within the boundaries of Sequoia National Park west of the Pacific Crest Trail, all land in Kings Canyon National Park west of the Pacific Crest Trail and south of the ridge line that is north of the Ionian basin. This regulation does not apply to the following:
- Firefighters, emergency service personnel and air personnel assigned to the PNK complex, or any fire that is within limits or has a direct impact or threatens the parks.
- Others approved by the Incident Commander. A fire escort will be required in active fire zones or on instruction from the Incident Commander.
- Residents of National Park Service housing and residents of the Wilsonia community.
- Direct travel through Grant Grove along the Hwy 180 Corridor will continue to be permitted, stopping along Hwy 180 is prohibited. Click here for a map of the Sequoia and Kings Canyon closures in effect . Current information on park closures and conditions can be found on the park website www.nps.gov/seki. Current information on the KNP complex fire can be found on the incident website: inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7838/.
Current closures due to forest fire activity
A map showing the closures of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks due to the forest fires at the KNP complex. Closures are shown in yellow and may change at any time.